COP 2 proposal

Thursday 6 April 2017

Journal development


I firstly experimented with Mono printing - using various geometric shapes to show simple analogue compositions. I used the same stencil again and again to overlap shapes and colours. I used a variety of machines to show different kinds of textures - the dirtiness contrasting with the solid opaque colours (where i have applied more ink). What I find really interesting about these experiments is thew overlapped shapes creating further colours and the texture through varied amounts of ink on the board. This unintentional effect wouldn't have been created through digital techniques. Not only me but a lot of my peers really liked that grainy, dirty texture in the background, giving it that real authentic realness. 


For these experiments I decided to combine the mono prints by ripping aspects from each out and sticking them on top of other prints. This creates quite a complex composition of colour and intensifies that idea of overlapping colours (with the introduction of further colours). What I particularly like about mono printing is the pure unpredictable nature of never knowing how your print will come out. It's different to screen printing in the sense that with screen printing you need to really plan and prepare your print so everything lines up perfectly but with mono print i quite like the fact that it is completely unknown how it will come out - adding well to the excitement of making art! 

No comments:

Post a Comment